What is the CGC?
• Accepting a friendly stranger.
• Sitting politely for petting.
• Allowing basic grooming procedures.
• Walking on a loose lead.
• Walking through a crowd.
• Sitting and lying down on command and staying in place.
• Coming when called.
• Reacting appropriately to another dog.
• Reacting appropriately to distractions.
• Calmly enduring supervised separation from the owner.
How Can Your Dog Become CGC Certified?
Canine Good Citizen® test. We provide you with the A.K.C Canine Good Citizen Program’s Participant’s Handbook, an overview of all 10 exercises on the test, practice of the behaviors needed to pass the test, and a checklist to help you realize when your dog is ready to take the test. The Canine Good Citizen Workshop is being offered on Sunday, June 26 from 11am-2pm. This workshop is recommended for dogs that have completed Level 4 of the Morris K9 Campus training program, dogs who have a good foundation in obedience from another training school and have a desire to pass the CGC test, and students who wish to become better acquainted with CGC and how to pass it. Click here to enroll.
Help your dog be the best he or she can be!