The crate is one of the most important training tools in the development of your puppy. Some benefits are:
- It allows you to schedule and monitor patterns of bathroom habits
- It helps your dog learn where going to the bathroom is acceptable
- It reinforces housebreaking in such a way that it builds their ability and capacity to “hold it” when they are alone for longer
|Piper is getting the reward of playtime because she went to the bathroom outside successfully.|
2. Feeding Schedule
• This helps predict when number two will most likely happen
Dogs thrive on routine. Many things that a puppy experiences and learn will carry through the rest of their lives. This is essential because:
• It makes a distinct potty pattern for your dog
• It becomes a method of “accident prevention”
• If you live in a multi-person household it is imperative that a routine is followed so that every member can follow it and leave no room for unplanned accidents.
Morris K9 Campus offers a Monday to Friday weekly program to help do this for you. Call us at 973-252-5100 for more information or visit http://www.morrisk9campus.com/puppy_housebreaking.asp.
|Caesar taking time out for a quick photo.|