Making your own dog toys can be an inexpensive and easy way to keep your dog entertained. Whether or not you consider yourself a crafty person, these toys are simple to make and can give your dog hours of enjoyment. For details on how to play with your pooch using everyday items, check out the instructions below.
Box Braid Tug Toy
You will need:
4, 4”x48” Fleece Fabric Strips (You can easily customize the toy by using different colored fleece or even strips of an old T-shirt!)
1. Use the ruler and scissors to cut your strips of fabric into 4”x48” pieces.
2. Tie the four pieces together in a knot at one end.
3. Lay the fabric down on the table, so the fabric falls in four different directions and looks like a lowercase letter t.
5. With the other hand, weave a horizontal strand over the closest loop and under the next loop. Do the exact opposite with the last horizontal strand.
6. Pull the four strands tightly. (Pulling the top left hand side strand and the bottom right hand stand extremely tight simultaneously, and vice versa, will help you keep your box uniform.)
Continue steps 4 through 6 until you only have about a foot of fleece left, then knot the end of the toy. Now your tug toy is ready for use!
If you are not particularly crafty, there is another quick toy that you can make for your dog with everyday items that you probably have lying around your house. These toys are super easy and inexpensive to make and are a great way to occupy your puppy’s time.
Bottle Kibble Toy
You will need:
3. Add treats to the toy, and give it to your pooch for them to enjoy.